Found a shoe box sized box of random PC parts for $10. I wasn’t able to see the entire contents, but was assured it was all related. I’m always looking for cheap cables and assortment.
Cut the tape on the box when I got home and found:
- 1x Supermicro X7SBE motherboard.
- 8GB of DDR2/677mhz ECC RAM (2GB sticks).
- 1x Dedicated IPMI card for the board.
- 1x Quad core Xeon X3360 @ 2.83GHz.
- 1x rear Double USB motherboard extender.
I also bought from the same seller for an extra $10: Low profile dual 36pin SAS card – cant find the model number yet, but compared it to images online and I think It’s an LSI MegaRAID 9261-8i. I assume the model is under the battery pack.
Plugged it all (except the SAS controller) in and found a matching PSU with the extra 8 pin 12v connector:
An annoying side note – USB support seems to have been disabled and I cant find the only PS/2 keyboard I wanted to keep. I’m not a huge Supermicro fan, but for $10 I could be 🙂